7 Commercial Landscape Design Ideas for Your Business
The exterior space of your brick and mortar business is the first thing people see, so it’s important to make a good first impression. There are several reasons why business owners develop their company’s exterior.
Some would like to upgrade the look of their current space to attract new customers, while most new business owners need to obtain commercial landscaping services to improve the atmosphere for their employees and customers. Let’s take a closer look at 7 commercial landscaping design ideas that will elevate your business.
Focus Attention on the Entrance
An attractive entrance space is important for a commercial business because it welcomes your customers. Creating a welcoming entrance entails highlighting the entryway and giving specific access to your business property.
You don’t want your customers to get lost in a loop trying to locate your front door, so here are some cool commercial landscaping ideas to make your company’s entrance appealing:
- Place bright flowers by the entrance to catch the attention of clients.
- From the parking lot to your entrance, have a pathway made with decorative bricks or stones.
- If your business entrance is located on the side of a building, create a walkway to and from the parking lot with clear signage like an arrow telling customers which direction to go.
- At the entrance, include symmetrical planters on both sides of the doors.
- Ensure the doors are clean and display your company hours, brand name, and logo.
Regardless if you’re open at night or not, your business requires well-placed lighting for enhanced safety and aesthetics. Here are some outdoor lighting ideas for your business:
- Install LED lighting fixtures surrounding your business that come with automatic timers to maximize energy efficiency.
- Place LED lighting along walkways and pathways, leading to the parking lot for safety reasons. Employees and clients should be able to get to their cars in the evening safely.
- Add lit signage with your company’s name and logo to heighten the building’s visual appeal when people drive by it.
Include Flower Gardens
People are naturally drawn to bright colours, so what better way to promote your brand than with a gleaming flower garden? Flowers can be organized in different patterns; here are creative ways for incorporating them in your commercial landscaping layout:
- Have a flower garden that displays your company logo. By using flowers that represent your brand colours, they can also spell out your business name. This is a sure way of garnering people’s attention.
- If you want to promote your social media channels to gain new followers, have flowers spell out a popular hashtag associated with your company or include an “@” and your social media handle.
- For flower gardens, ensure they are separate from your lawn. If your business does not have lawn space, opt for raised flower beds for a pleasant aesthetic value.
Add Bushes, Shrubs, and Trees
People may not notice greenery right away, but did you know that the colour green evokes positive responses, such as relaxation and prosperity? You want existing and new customers to feel pleasant emotions when they are about to enter your business. Here is how bushes, shrubs, and trees can be combined with your commercial landscaping:
- Kill two birds with one stone by setting up a line of shrubs or small trees lining up with your building perimeter. Not only is this appeasing to the eye, but creating shade for your building will reduce your energy bill for air conditioning in the summer.
- Use shrubs to line the pathways and walkways.
- If you want greenery that is multidimensional and adds personality to your commercial landscaping, consider installing topiary plants. These are trees and shrubs that can be trimmed into shapes, animals, numbers, and even characters. If you opt for topiary plants, you will require regular commercial lawn maintenance.
Outdoor Seating Area
If your business has a lot of space, consider adding an outdoor seating area. Everyone loves fresh air and if you have a small to midsize company with employees who work different shifts, having an outdoor seating area is great for them to take their breaks or have their lunch.
Having an outdoor seating area also benefits your customers who need to wait. Instead of waiting inside, it’s also a nice alternative for them to access this outdoor space while waiting to go back in. Here are some ideas for outdoor seating space on your business property:
- Add benches along the walkway leading up to the entrance.
- For business properties with lawn space, include a gazebo with a picnic table and trash and recycling bin.
- Include outdoor seating items that are the same colour as your company’s brand. Outdoor accessories such as umbrellas and cushions on the seats make it comfortable and inviting.
Go Eco-Friendly with Commercial Landscaping
The good news is that not only does commercial landscaping improve your company’s image, but if you’re on a tight budget, going the eco-friendly way can pay off greatly without affecting your business’s bottom line. Check out some eco-friendly commercial landscaping ideas to implement on your business property:
- For lawns, flowers, and plants, include an automatic irrigation water system to help maintain your commercial landscape efficiently.
- Instead of having fences surrounding your business, opt for plant hedges.
- If you decide to go for fences, choose sustainable materials such as bamboo, Freeman biocomposite, or wired fencing.
Water Fountains and Fixtures
The sound of water puts people in a relaxed state and gives them positive vibes. Installing an appealing water fixture on your business property can improve your customers’ buying experience. This can be integrated in several creative ways:
- Colourful flower beds divided into quadrants with a large pot turned into a water fountain that is positioned in a small pond.
- Blending flowered plants with a unique stone-on-stone water fountain.
- For large commercial buildings, a statuesque water fountain can serve as a focal point in the front of the building.
At Peel Exterior Maintenance, we offer commercial landscaping services in Georgetown, Ontario, to enhance your commercial property. Contact us today to learn more about what we can do for your business and to receive a free program evaluation. Call us at 1-888-290-1216 or contact us here.