Note - if you proceed to use this calculator you shall be deemed to have read, understood and accepted this disclaimer:
This calculator is only intended to be used as a means of estimating how much product you may need for a particular job. Whilst every care is taken to ensure the accuracy of the information as a guide for costing, no responsibility is accepted by Peel Landscape Depot for its accuracy. Please check with a suitably qualified professional for an accurate estimate. Peel Landscape Depot and all of their Related Bodies Corporate takes no responsibility for the calculations provided by the online calculator nor any liability for the accuracy of or reliance upon or use of, the calculations and shall not, under any circumstances be held liable or responsible for any decision made in relation to your use of this calculator.
- ONE (1) Yard of COMPACTED Aggregate will cover approximately: 1" thick = 200 sq. ft. 2" thick = 100 sq. ft. 3" thick = 75 sq. ft. 4" thick = 50 sq. ft. 5" thick = 38 sq. ft. 6" thick = 25 sq. ft. 12" thick = 15 sq. ft.
- To Calculate # of Yards: length (in feet) x width (in feet) x depth (in inches) divided by 12 divided by 27
- Natural Stone calculate approximate # of tonnes: length (in feet) x width (in feet) x height (in inches) divided by 12 x 170 divided by 2000
Random Flagstone Coverage per Tonne
- 1/2" thick flagstone covers an area approximately 225 sq.ft.
- 1 1/2"-1 3/4" thick flagstone covers an area approximately 70 sq.ft.
- 3/4" thick flagstone covers an area approximately 125 sq.ft.
- 2" thick flagstone covers an area approximately 50 sq.ft.
- 1"-1 1/4" thick flagstone covers an area approximately 100 sq.ft.
How much does rock weigh?
- Limestone: 165 lbs/cu.ft. Granite: 175 lbs/cu.ft. Sandstone: 150 lbs/cu.ft.
Formulas For Area Calculations
- Each cubic foot of rock weighs approximately: Area = length x width Area of Circle = 3.14 x radius x radius Area of Triangle = length x width / 2